11 Ways to Be the Most Irresistable Person at the Party
Networking is fundamental to the real estate business.
Here’s a rapid fire list that will help you feel like the magnetic center of any room…without having to resort to a wardrobe malfunction…
1. Dance in your pajamas. Before the party, burn nervous energy by exercising or dancing.
2. Get into an irresistable state of mind. On your way to the party, visualize your most recent accomplishment–snagging two listings in one weekend, opening a new community center for children. Set your mood so that you are relaxed, energized and radiating confidence.
3. Look cool, but act warm. Dress sophisticated, but treat everyone like your favorite cousin.
4. Instead of an opening line, try a compliment. “Hey, I love that tie. I was wondering where you bought it.”
5. Talk food. Or football. Men appreciate a woman who knows her sports and women admire a man who likes to cook. Point: talk to people’s interest, not yours.
6. Be the only one at the party not drinking. By mid-evening you’ll seem intelligent and poised.
7. Schmooze with integrity. 3 musts: eye contact, responses that show you are listening and a genuine smile.
8. Break personal space rules. Invite warmth and friendliness by standing a little closer. Pulling away suggests you are aloof and would rather be somewhere else.
9. Grab something and pass it. Whether it’s a tray of appetizers or drinks, passing something out will give you a reason to approach someone and also give you a way out: “Oops, got to keep going.”
10. Speak up. Be the first to toast the host for a wonderful party.
11. Put your soul out there. Confess embarrassment. Risk self-exposure. Tell a joke, even if you are really bad at it. When people see the real you, off-the-charts charm follows.
Have a great tip you’d like to share? Please, share it with us in the comment section!